Compact, space-saving goniophotometer
Products / Goniophotometers for LED / SSL / LGS 350
Spatial characterization of medium-sized SSL light sources and LEDs
The LGS 350 goniophotometer or goniospectroradiometer was developed by Instrument Systems for determining the angle-dependent spatial radiation properties of small to medium-sized SSL luminaires and LED modules. The light source is operated in a horizontal burning position and can be measured in an angle range of ±160° to the mechanical axis.
Together with an Instrument Systems spectroradiometer, all spectral parameters such as color coordinates, color temperature and even color rendering index are determined angle-dependent. Photometer DSP 200 can also be used for fast “on the fly” measurement of C-levels.
The instrument is suitable for samples with a diameter of up to 700 mm and a weight of 8 kg.
LGS 350 – Highlights:
- Type C goniophotometer for test samples with a diameter of up to 700 mm and a weight of 8 kg
- Precise determination of luminous intensity distribution and luminous flux
- Angle-resolved examination of spectral and colorimetric quantities
- Data export in IES and EULUMDAT format
- Easy and intuitive control of the measurement process, as well as power supply and electric measurement of the sample
- Configurable switch-on and stabilization routines for the light source in repetitive measuring tasks
- Extensive and adaptable measurement logs and reporting functions
Versatile sample holder
Thanks to its universal sample holder, the LGS 350 is suitable for a wide range of measurement tasks on medium-sized LED modules and luminaires. In addition, it has a sample holder for LED-850/LED-870 TEC adapter and standard lamp base E27.
The following versions of the LGS 350 are available for various applications in the lightlab:
- Goniometer with a sturdy base and integral LGS controller. It is compact and has a small footprint, offering extremely high mechanical stability.
- Goniometer as a table version with a separate 19” rack for the LGS controller. This instrument version is mobile and flexible in use.
LGS 350 – Technical data
|Travel range C-axis||±160°, safeguarded by limit switches|
|Travel range γ-axis||±160°, safeguarded by limit switches|
|Resolution of the angle encoder||0.01°|
|Reproducibility of C-axis||≤ 0.1° (under max. sample load)|
|Reproducibility of γ-axis||≤ 0.05° (under max. sample load)|
|Dimensions (H x W x D); weight||1432 x 500 x 650 mm3; 95 kg|
|Max. sample size/weight||740 mm diameter / 8 kg|
|The detailed measurement conditions under which the specified values have been determined can be looked up in the data sheets and brochures or requested from Instrument Systems.|
The LGS 350 consists of the goniophotometer with a plate for securing the sample and the LGS controller. In addition to the stepper motor control, the latter also serves as an angle display and, when using a photometer, as a display unit for readings in candela or lux.