DMS Software Software package for DMS goniophotometers
DMS software – Automated system control and comprehensive data analysis
A DMS all-in-one solution comprising of positioning system, accessories, control and analysis tools allows for complete and fully automated characterization of the electro-optical and colorimetric properties of all display types (LCD, OLED, …) and components – as a function of viewing direction and under varying ambient conditions in terms of illumination and temperature.
The DMS software package is delivered with all DMS instruments from Instrument Systems. The two main modules DMSControl™ and ViPer evaluation enable comprehensive control of the goniometers and all connected components, together with a detailed data evaluation and visualization.
DMSControl™ – For easy control of connected components
- Application-specific measurement of spectral, colorimetric and electro-optical parameters
- Synchronized test sample control via Python interface
- Creation of automated measurement sequences
- Data export
ViPer evaluation – for a wide range of analytical, evaluation functions and visualization options
- Angle- and area-related visualization and analysis
- Spectral analysis
- Colorimetric diagrams and analysis
- Electro-optical characteristics
- Numerical calculations
- Data export
Comprehensive measurement analyses in the light lab
- Characterization of emissive, transmissive, reflective and transflective displays
- Direction-dependent analysis of luminance, contrast, color and derived quantities
- Determination of the electro-optical characteristic curve: analysis of luminance, contrast and color as function of electrical driving
- Measurement of transient properties such as switching times, flicker and modulation
The flicker measurement shows fluctuations in luminance as a function of time, FFT luminance and VESA /JEITA flicker level as a function of wavelength (photometer measurement).
SWC series view
SWC series view (switching characteristics) shows intensity as a function of time for fast photometer measurements of different grayscale combinations.
The angle-dependent view shows luminance and color as function of the viewing direction in a polar coordinate system. DUT measurements in black (left) and white (center) state are automatically transformed to a contrast ratio (right).
The SDR view shows the spectral reflection SPINC/SPEX, color shifts, emitted and reflected radiance, CIE color and ambient contrast as a function of illuminance and standard illuminant. The ambient contrast is calculated in accordance with IEC 62341-6-2.
Key product details
The user interface offers control for a wide range of hardware from Instrument Systems, e.g.
- DMS goniometer
- Light measurement devices: spectrometer, photometer with microscope optic
- Temperature control chamber
- Light sources and illumination devices
- DUT driving with a python script based device control interface
- Integration of external devices such as power sources, video or signal generators
- Quad Core processor (e.g. Intel Pentium i5), 3.3 GHz
- Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64 Bit)
- At least 4 GB RAM
- 1TB HDD
- Intel HD Graphics 4600
- DVD-ROM drive
- GPIB card
- RS232 adapter card