LumiTop Display Production Testing
All-in-one solution for quality control in production lines
One test station – three sensors – all tests
Display test systems of the LumiTop family are optimized for quality control in production. They comprise a LumiTop imaging colorimeter, a high-end spectroradiometer of the CAS series and a photodiode. In this way all relevant optical tests can be performed in one test station. The most important test variables include:
- Measurement of display uniformity (luminance and color)
- Detection of defects (Mura)
- Determination of Gamma exponents
- Flicker and luminance modulations
The innovative concept enables simultaneous measurement of all three sensors, guaranteeing not only extremely short measurement times, but also high, absolute precision thanks to the spectral reference measurement. The LumiTop measurement solution can be used independently of the display technology of the test sample. It is particularly suitable for measuring complex new display technologies such as OLED or µ-LED displays.
LumiTop imaging colorimeters are available in three versions with color sensors from 6 MP to 150 MP. Thanks to the pixel shifter, subpixel analyses are possible, with up to 600 MP per color channel using the LumiTop X150.
- 2D measurement with unrivalled accuracy thanks to the reference spectrometer
- Extremely short measurement times
- Simultaneous measurement of flicker or luminance modulations
- All-in-one measurement solution for all relevant optical tests
- Easy integration into the production line
- Absolute precision: no golden sample calibration necessary
- Imaging colorimeters with 6, 12 and 150 MP color sensors
Requirements: high performance and production suitability
Very strict requirements are generally placed on measuring systems in display quality control:
- High precision, repeatability and reliability
- Rugged and robust, for use under harsh production conditions
- 24/7 operation over long periods of time
- Short measuring times for the observance of high cycle times
- Simple integration into the production line
Instrument Systems satisfies these requirements with its intelligent LumiTop measuring concept, in which all relevant optical production tests are performed in one measuring station. For many years LumiTop systems have been tried and tested in the production facilities of many renowned display manufacturers, setting global standards.
A complete system from the LumiTop family typically consists of the following components:
CAS 140CT-151 (VIS) or CAS 140D-151 (VIS) for the spectral range of 360-830 nm
LumiTop imaging colorimeter
LumiTop 2700 with 6-megapixel RGB camera
LumiTop 4000 with 12-megapixel RGB camera
LumiTop X 150 with 150-megapixel RGB camera
|Extensive LumiSuite lab software for measurement of displays, software development kit (SDK) for simple integration of the hardware into the production line|
Calibrations by Instrument Systems are absolutely traceable to national standards.
Complete characterization of the set in customer-specific geometry - no user calibration necessary!
LED light source ACS 150 for audits in the production line.
LED luminance standard for audits in the production line.
Audit for cameras and spectrometers
|Complete set for incoming goods inspection of the measurement accuracy of luminance and color coordinates (LumiTop 2700, CAS 140CT, CAS 140D).|
|Clean room-suitable returnable packaging for transporting the camera / spectrometer within the production facility.|
Our system experts will be pleased to provide competent advice on your particular application. Our worldwide Service guarantees fast setup and optimum support over the entire lifetime of the system.